Chalet Closed (see announcement below)
Reminder: All nonmembers paying to use the snowshoe and ski trails need to fill out the form in the envelope.
Welcome to Temiskaming Nordic
Temiskaming Nordic is The Place To Ski and has earned a reputation for delivering one of the finest cross-country skiing experiences within Ontario. There are many reasons to ski at Temiskaming Nordic: awesome trails through beautiful forested landscape, early and late season skiing, great people, a welcoming chalet, youth programs, racing and social events.
We offer 20 km of well-marked, groomed and track-set skate and classic ski trails. The three beautiful trails offer varying levels of difficulty and length, making them enjoyable for beginner, intermediate and advanced level skiers. The combination of rolling esker terrain, unique trail system design and first-rate grooming makes the Temiskaming Nordic skiing experience one to remember and one to be repeated!
Temiskaming Nordic has grown over the last 25 years into an accomplished cross-country ski facility featuring a large heated log chalet with indoor washrooms, kitchen, waxing area and change rooms. Club membership is now near 385 individuals and families. We offer full season memberships as well as day-passes and ski rentals at very affordable, family-friendly rates.
We are centrally located in Ontario and easily accessible in often less than a few hours of driving from major centres.
Visit us on facebook.
Important Announcement, January 5, 2022
Due to Provincial Covid restrictions, we have the following announcements:
- Chalet is closed until further notice. Come prepared to ski and leave when finished.
- Day passes can be purchased prior to skiing either on-line at (https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=27663&lan=1&cartlevel=1) or outside the chalet.
- No equipment rentals at this time until further notice.
- The start date for the Bunny and Jackrabbit programs have been delayed by one week to January 15th to finalize protocols.
While the chalet may be closed at this time, our volunteers will continue to groom the trails and with the arrival of fresh snow this week, the trails will surely be in great shape.
It’s great to see the XCO KM Challenge board filling up. If you haven’t joined the challenge yet, consider doing so. Simply include your name on the board and mark your KM skied from January 1st to March 31st. Every KM counts!!
We look forward to seeing you out on the trails.
Public Relations Director
Welcome to the 2021/22 season!
I am pleased to see quite a few of you already out enjoying the trails. The season promises to be a long one. Over the course of the last number of weeks you have had several questions about this season so let me try to answer some of them.
- Pisten Bully: We have the main groomer back and it is working well. The groomers have used it and are pleased. The PB had a major overhaul with all pumps replaced, the electrical set back to its original settings and all regular maintenance completed. While expensive, the repairs were more economical for the club than purchasing a new to us groomer. Although the equipment we had did a particularly good job there were issues on steeper slopes and when we received a significant snowfall. I hope the groomer will be able to serve us for many years to come.
- Chalet: The continuing pandemic and its variants make planning difficult. The chalet will be open for limited hours during the season. The hours will be dependent on the availability of volunteers. You will need to be double vaccinated to access the chalet and although you can bring your own snacks, the kitchen will be off limits to everyone save groomers. Of course, changing regulations may require us to change chalet status. We do not anticipate opening the Chalet until after Christmas. If you want to see the chalet open sooner or longer hours, please consider volunteering. As with last year we strongly recommend you arrive at the club ready to ski.
- Equipment rentals: The Club will be doing daily equipment rentals. However, these rentals will only be available when the chalet is open, and all rentals must be returned before the chalet closes. There may be no one to help with the selection of equipment rental but we will have a general guide to help with selection. Please have the exact cash amount or cheque ready. As always if I am around please ask for help.
The executive does have some friendly outside social events planned. We will be running our Loppet and Challenge Ski. In addition, the popular track your kilometers will start again in January.
Skiing and snowshoeing are wonderful outdoor activities and Covid safe. Enjoy the season!!
The 2021-22 membership applications are now online. Use the Membership and Rates menu above, or follow these links:
- Ski Membership, 2021-22
- Snowshoe Membership, 2021-22
- New members also get ONE free lesson and ONE free equipment rental (when rental availability resumes).
- Snowshoe day fees must be paid at the club. Ski day passes can also be purchased as gift certificates: see the Daily Rates page for details.
- Trail pass tags will not be at the chalet for pick-up this year as in previous years. Members will need to use the tags provided by Zone 4 – please note that Zone 4 will provide a registration confirmation email with instructions to print the trail pass attachment
- Day fees can be paid at the club. As noted above, Snowshoe day fees must be paid at the club. Please note exact change is required.
Hope to see you out on the trails soon.
2021-22 Calendar of Events
- Saturday December 18 – Used Ski Equipment Sale (10:00 – 1:00)
- Saturday January 1 – Day 1 of XCO Kilometre Challenge 2021-22
- Saturday January 8 – 1st Day of Jackrabbit
- Sunday January 9 – “A New Year, A New Sport” – Free Instructional Introduction from 2:00 – 4:00 PM Equipment Rentals fees will apply
- Saturday February 12 – Potluck Brunch (TBD)
- Monday February 21 – Family Day
- Sunday February 27 – Poker Ski/Snowshoe
- Monday March 14 – Friday March 18 – March Break with special rates for Students
- Saturday March 19 – TNSC Loppet
- Saturday March 26 – Challenge Ski Day (Can be completed anytime between Sunday March 20 & Saturday March 26 if not available on the actual day)
- Saturday April 9 – Chalet Closes for the season